The material (“material” includes all pages, documents and on-line graphics) on this web site is protected by copyright law. Copyright in this material resides with the Commonwealth of Australia.
By visiting and using the information at this web site you agree to the following and accept the following conditions and terms of the ‘disclaimer’ and ‘privacy’ statements.
You accept all risks and responsibility for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
To the maximum permitted by law, The Hunter Prostate Cancer Awareness & Support Group (HPCASG) excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this site and any information or material available from it.
Medical and Other Information
This Website does not provide or contain medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The HPCASG does not recommend or endorse any of the services, service providers, tests, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this website.
This website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician, other qualified health provider or expert with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition, health care options and health-related services.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Your reliance on any Content contained on this website or otherwise provided by or on behalf of the HPCASG is solely at your own risk.
Security Risks and Computer Viruses
The Internet operates across insecure, public networks. You assume all risks associated with use of the web site, including:
- risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, disabling codes, worms or other devices and defects which might be transmitted or activated via the website, or your access to it or the downloading of files from the web site
- connections transmitted to and from this site being intercepted and modified by third parties
When You Visit this Site
This site is mainly operated by The HPCASG, however there are some products that are provided by an external internet service provider. Users of the products provided via external providers should be aware of the ‘links to other sites’ information at the end of this statement.
When visiting The HPCASG’s site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by The HPCASG to help improve the site. The following information is provided by your browser:
- the type of browser you are using
- the date and time of your visit
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- the address of the referring site
- your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines)
- the address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Government Agency or Regulatory Authority in the course of a legally enforced investigation.
Collection of Personal Information
We will, at your request, provide you with access to any information which we have collected about you through this website in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 6, Privacy Act 1988. To gain access to this information you should contact us. If you believe any information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us and we will revise the relevant information in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 7, Privacy Act 1988.
When you e-mail us:
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list unless you request this be done
- we will not disclose it without your consent, except where The HPCASG may be required by law to disclose certain information
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed between browser and server to transfer small amounts of information. They are used to maintain site information as you navigate different pages on a web site or return to the web site at a later time.
Link to External Websites
This site contains links to other sites. The HPCASG is not responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites and has no knowledge of whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy, when visiting a linked site, you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those sites.